Sunday, August 25, 2013

How I have changed

It's weird the way God has changed me. I'm studying in Washington DC right now.  A few years back I never would have done this.  I first heard about this program freshman year and I remember thinking, "Hmm. It sounds cool and useful, but I could never do it." At that time I was adamant about even living on campus. I'm not really outgoing and that is definitely out of my comfort zone.  Well, by my sophomore year I was living on campus and I had a great time doing that.  Made some great friends and got to know some cool people even better.

Near the end of last year I was talking with one of my friends, Dan Defonce, and he mentioned that he was going to be spending the spring in DC with this program and that sparked my interest in the program. I knew it would be a great experience, professionally, academically, culturally. And I was definitely more comfortable with going at this point.

Now I'm here. 8 blocks from the Capitol building. Getting the opportunity to see so much history.  It's still surreal at this point.  But it will sink in eventually.  I just still find it amazing I'm here in the first place. If you would have told me a few years ago that I would be doing this, there is no way I would have believed you. I have changed so much.  I don't think younger me would recognize this current me. But God is amazing. He has a plan for us all and he will prepare and mold us into who we need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment